Tuesday 20 August 2013

Doctor Who: Series 1: Episode 7: The Long Game

Basic episode but works brilliantly!

The Doctor, Rose and Adam arrive on Satellite 5 which is a news broadcasting station where the workers have chips in their brains that feed all the information that they need.  We also find out that they all want to be promoted to floor 500 because it is the highest promotion you can ever earn.

Adam, the new willing companion goes on his own to explore some of the other floors and what other jobs there are on this spacestation! One of the floors he visits is where people get the chips in their brains and one of the nurses talks him into it and so with a click of his fingers (literately!) gets all information into his head!

The Doctor and Rose get captured on floor 500 where they meet the Editor (Simon Pegg) and his master the Mighty Jagrafess and they have been luring people up to the floor and 'the master' has been killing them and stripping them to their skeletons!

I have explained the story but not my thoughts! Opps! I find this episode enjoyable and very well written. During the production stages, Russell T. Davis wanted this story to be told from Adam's point of view and in my opinion this would not of worked and I would just not enjoy the episode... I think Adam was a very rushed character and just did not appeal to the audience.

I like the fact the Editor was played by Simon Pegg and his acting was amazing when it comes to the evil characters and his performance was... Chilling! (good joke me!) The CGI character of the Mighty Jagrafess was very impressive so I grant them to that!

The way the Editor and Might Jagrafess were killed during this story was very clever because they had both been surrounded by cold temperatures and The Doctor and Rose just turned up the heat!

Finally, I would just like to say that Doctor- you were right to kick Adam off the TARDIS! Great episode 9/10! Till the next review... Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment